Section: Track and Field

Track and Field teams finish ninth and tenth at College of Wooster

Women’s

The Kenyon women’s track team placed in ninth place in the College of Wooster Invitational, an annual two-day event. This was the Ladies’ second ninth-place finish in the event in the past three years (in 2018, they finished fifth).

The Ladies scored 23 points in the event, gaining the majority of them through the 3,000-meter steeplechase and the 5,000-meter run.

In the steeplechase, sophomore Camille Baxter ’21 produced a third-place time of 13:38.12. This time topped her previous college-best, 13:57.88, set at the same event one year ago. Katarina Yepez ’22 finished in fifth with a time of 15:00.96.

In the 5,000-meter run, Quinn Harrigan ’19 was the top Kenyon finisher with a time of 18:37.68, good for fifth place. Emma Becker ’22 finished directly after Harrigan, giving her a time of 18:41.56. Chloe Hall ’20 was the eight-place finisher with a time of 19:01.45. Abby McCarty ’22 placed seventh in the 100-meter hurdles, clocking in at 17:87.

The Ladies’ next event is the Marv Frye Invitational at Ohio Wesleyan University on April 6, at noon.

Men’s

The Kenyon men’s track and field team traveled to the College of Wooster where they finished in 10th place in their annual invitational at Carl Munson Track, just their second outdoor race of the season.

There were some outstanding performances from the purple and black: The team earned 19 points, from both on and off the track.

In the steeplechase, a brutal combination of running and jumping, Will Oakley ’20 finished in second place with a time of 10:12.47, holding off Mitch Luken from Heidelberg University. The junior earned the Lords eight points for his strong efforts, by far the largest point total of any single Kenyon participant.

In field events, Jordan Potter ’19 made his final College of Wooster Invitational count with his discus performance.

With a throw of 42.59 meters, he secured a fifth-place finish out of 34 contestants, good enough for five points.

In addition, Tanner Orr ’19 acquired two points by finishing seventh place in the long jump (6.13 m).

The Lords have little time to prepare for their upcoming weekend featuring plenty of events.

The Lords will split the team to compete in the Marv Frye Invitational in Delaware, Ohio, on Saturday, and the All-Ohio in New Concord, Ohio with events on both days.