Section: Uncategorized

Letter from the Editor

Dear readers,

I am pleased to present to you the third issue of The Collegian Magazine, a product that, for our team of talented writers, designers and contributors, truly represents the power of perseverance.

In this issue, you will find stories that range in both theme and style. Our cover story takes a peek into the lives of Kenyon College student workers who must wedge hours of work between full class schedules and meals with friends. Our writers delve into President Sean Decatur’s capital campaign, as well as into the historic home that resides at 104 Gaskin Avenue. These pages explore the rise and decline of a big cat sanctuary that, several years ago, was located in the area. Scattered among these stories are pieces of original artwork, a cartoon and intriguing images of Kenyon’s more famous alumni.   

There are so many wonderful individuals who helped bring the magazine to life this semester, without whom this publication would not be a reality. I would like to acknowledge the continued kindness of our generous sponsors, as well as acknowledge the faith our new sponsors have placed in us. I would also like to personally thank the executive editors of the Collegian newspaper, Gabe Brison-Trezise, Henri Gendreau and Emily Sakamoto, for their continuous support. Finally, I owe a tremendous thank you to my staff. Together, we have made a product nobody can erase.

Sincerely,

India Amos