Lords and Ladies finish first, set meet and program records

Photo: The Lords broke seven meet records and four program records on Saturday. | SEJIN KIM/KENYON SID/NCAA

The Lords and Ladies swimming and diving teams started off their respective seasons strong, as both teams placed first in the Kenyon College Relays on Saturday against Carnegie Mellon University, Ohio Northern University, Ohio Wesleyan University and Wittenberg University. This is the fourth consecutive first-place finish in the event for the Lords, and the fifth for the Ladies.

The Lords broke seven meet records and four program records during the Relays — the latter all shattered by diver Israel Zavaleta ’24. The Mexico City native dominated in the 1-meter 6 and 11 dives with scores of 367.25 and 564.60, respectively, as well as in the 3-meter 6 and 11 dives (390.05, 592.95). Other key performances came  from David Fitch ’22, who won all six of the relay events he participated in, while Noah Hargrove ’24 and Marcus Hong ’22 each also tallied up four wins in the meet. The Lords finished the event with a score of 112, 32 points more than second-place Carnegie Mellon.

The Ladies, too, were dominant. Like the Lords, they finished with 112 total points in the event, 32 more than Carnegie Mellon. The Ladies were largely paced by Crile Hart ’22, who was a part of six winning relay teams — the 200-yard backstroke relay, 500-yard crescendo relay, 200-yard medley relay, 200-yard butterfly relay, 400-yard individual medley relay and 200-yard freestyle relay. Hart ultimately won the final four events with meet records. Accompanying Hart in multiple win columns were Sydney Geboy ’25 and Emmie Mirus ’22, who each chipped in with four event wins.

The Lords and Ladies next event is on Oct. 23, against Cleveland State University in Gambier at 11:00 a.m.