Track and field teams travel to All-Ohio Championship

The Kenyon track and field teams competed in the All-Ohio Championship at Otterbein University on Saturday. The women’s team placed 10th with 28 total points, while the men’s team placed 12th with 12.5 points.

Women: NCAC Athlete of the Week Anna Brown ’26 was the standout for the women’s team, picking up the team’s only win of the day in the 800-meter race. Her time of 2:20.86 was almost two seconds faster than the rest of the competition and earned the team a crucial 10 points. She also found success in the one-mile run, finishing in fourth place with a time of 5:17.82 to pick up another five points. Brown attributed her success to tuning out the outside noise. “For the 800, I really focused on running my race and not letting other people get in my head,” she wrote in an email to the Collegian. “Even though I had raced the mile not long before the [800-meter], I felt strong and energized.”

The only other Owl to secure points in an individual event was Olivia Ide ’27. In the 3000-meter race, she ran a 10:46.05, good for a fourth-place finish. Her time was just over a half a second faster than the fifth-place finisher, earning five points. In the relays, the Owls got another five points through their fourth-place finish in the 4000-meter distance medley relay, as Lorien Kauffman ’24, Caeleigh Stamper ’26, Rigby Zentner ’27 and Amelia Sims ’27 ran the race in 13:34.48. The final points of the day came from the 4×400-meter relay, where Brown, Stamper, Zentner and Kauffman finished in sixth place to earn three points.

Men: On the men’s side, Riley Orth ’24 had the best performance of the day, as he was able to get fourth place in the shot put. The result won his team an important five points on a day where good results were hard to come by. Orth’s throw came in at 15.30 meters, less than a tenth of a meter behind the third-place finisher. The throw was Orth’s second furthest of his career.

The next highest Kenyon scorer was Peter Bernhardt ’25, who picked up three points through his sixth-place finish in the 3000-meter race (9:00.36). The last Owl to win individual points was Collin Witt ’24, as his time of 51.83 in the 400-meter run secured 2.5 points for his efforts. Kenyon grabbed its last two points through the 4000-meter distance medley relay where Owen Rodstrom ’26, Jonathan Turner ’24, Dylan Sibbitt ’26 and Jack Caine ’24 came in seventh place with a time of 10:56.39.

Both teams are next in action at the NCAC Indoor Championship, which will be held on the Owls’ home track. The event begins on Saturday and will span two weekends. “Right now, the best thing we can do as a team is keep supporting each other and stay healthy for the next two weeks,” Brown said. “There’s a lot of excitement surrounding [the NCAC Indoor Championship] this year since it’s at home, and so everyone is really trying to put their best foot forward.”

Dylan Sibbitt ’26 is the opinions editor for the Collegian.