Ladies finish fourth, Lords place eighth in NCAC Conference Championship

Ladies:

The Ladies cross country team finished fourth in the NCAC Championship event on Saturday, marking the first time the Ladies have finished lower than third place since 2016. Two years ago, the last time the event was held, the Ladies came in second. The team has not been at 100% all season, and this meet was no different, as some key runners, including Alice Riley ’23, did not participate.

Nonetheless, the Ladies managed to rally together and finish in fourth, behind The College of Wooster, DePauw University and Allegheny College, respectively. The Ladies were led by Emma Becker ’22, who was the NCAC individual champion in 2019. Finishing in third place this year with a time of 23:32.2, Becker secured a spot on the All-NCAC first team. Joining Becker on the first-team list was Anna Harnsberger ’23, who finished eighth with a time of 23:46.7. The third finisher for the Ladies was Ella Wilson ’23, who clocked in with a time of 24:37.5. Her time secured her 23rd place.

The Ladies’ next event is the Wooster 5K, in Wooster, Oh. at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 5.

Lords:

The Lords cross country team finished eighth out of nine teams in the NCAC Conference Championships on Saturday, with a total score of 208. It was a disappointing finish for the Lords, who previously finished sixth in the event in 2019.

The team was led by Keegan Minahan ’24, who crossed the finish line in 21st place with a time of 27:25.6. Next for the Lords was Peter Bernhardt ’25, who clocked in at 40th. The Lords had three more finishers in the top 75: Jack Burczak ’23 finished in 50th (28:13.2), Jeremy Baier ’22 in 63rd (28:39.3) and Michael Deal ’23 (29:11) in 72nd. The Lords’ next event is the Wooster 5K, in Wooster, Oh., at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 5.