Ladies claim top spot, Lords finish in third place

Lords 

Following a disappointing 10th-place finish at the NCAC preview, the Lords cross-country team bounced back at the Muskingum Invitational on Oct. 2 with a third-place overall finish. 

The event featured 101 runners in the men’s meet, and Kenyon had multiple impressive finishes. Keegan Minahan ’25 was the fourth runner to cross the finish line, leading the Lords’ entire team with a time of 28:11.7. Peter Bernhard ’25 and Michael Deal ’23 were Kenyon’s next finishers, attaining 16th and 18th-place finishes respectively. Not far behind, Jeremy Baier finished 23rd with a time of 30:41.6 and Jack Caine concluded Kenyon’s total with a 27th-place finish. The Lords’ final point total was 85, trailing the first-place College of Wooster, which had 63.

Ladies

The Ladies cross-country team finished in first place overall and achieved three of the top four individual times. 

Emma Becker ’22, was Kenyon’s first runner to complete the 6K course and finished in second place behind Wooster’s Isabelle Hoover, who clocked in 5 seconds before Becker’s 24:00.1 finish. Anna Harnsberger ’23 and Alice Riley ’23 came in behind Becker, finishing third and fourth respectively and securing a win for Kenyon. The 11th contestant to complete the run was Kenyon’s Ella Wilson ’23, followed by Jenna Leonard ’25 with a 14th-place finish. Kenyon finished with an excellent 34 points and a total time of 2:04:58.

The Lords and Ladies’ next meet is the Jennastrong Fall Classic, which takes place at Wilmington College on Friday, Oct. 15. Both teams hope to secure another strong finish before the season concludes next month.