Kenyon cross-country struggles due to illness

Lords

Last weekend, the Lords finished 25th out of the 32 competitors in the Jenna Strong Fall Classic at Wilmington College. A large number of runners were ill and thus unable to compete, which largely contributed to the Lords’ lackluster finish in the 8K race — their best finisher, Peter Bernhardt ’25,  came across in 69th, with a time of 27:53.6. Jeremy Baier ’22 and Jack Caine ’24 clocked in next for the Lords, finishing 133rd and 154th, respectively. Just seconds later, Jason Montgomery ’23 finished 186th followed by teammate Micheal Deal ’23, who finished 193rd. 

Ladies

The Ladies also struggled in the Jenna Strong Fall Classic, with a limited number of runners available due to illness.

The Ladies finished in seventh place out of 35 teams with a point total of 228. The first Kenyon runner to conclude the 5K run was Emma Becker ’22, who finished in fourth place with a time of 18:58. Only 30 seconds later, Alice Riley ’23 crossed the finish line in 13th. Jenna Leonard ’25 and Hailey Napier ’22 were Kenyon’s next finishers, placing 61st and 73rd, respectively. Lindsey Neff ’24 came in 107th at the 22nd-minute mark to conclude the event for the Ladies. 

The Lords and Ladies will run in the NCAC Championship, hosted by Wittenberg University on Oct. 30. With 10 days of rest upcoming, both teams hope to show the prowess they have displayed at previous meets in the championship race.