Section: Football

Lords struggle to find footing at DePauw

On Saturday, Sept. 18, the Lords football team traveled to Greencastle, Ind. to play against the DePauw University Tigers. 

Their trip to Indiana, however, was in disarray even before it started. The night before, the team’s bus broke down twice, briefly leaving them stranded. The game itself did not go much better for the Lords. After DePauw won the coin toss and elected to defer, they immediately stormed 56 yards down the field in five plays, and scored a touchdown. 

From there, things only got worse. By the end of the second quarter, they were down 31-0. Nonetheless, the Lords refused to hang their heads. The Kenyon defense attempted to fight back against the Tigers, waiting for their offense to strike. However, on the Lords’ best drive of the game, when they approached the DePauw endzone, an interception near the goal line stopped them from scoring.  By the end of the game, Kenyon finished with 237 total yards, while DePauw totaled 609. The box score was similarly lopsided, ending as a 44-0 score in favor of DePauw.

The Lords are keeping their heads up despite the tough road loss, and are preparing for their home game against Oberlin College on Sept. 25.