Golf excels, secures first at Irish Hills Invitational

Armand Oullette ’25 | COURTESY OF KENYON ATHLETICS

The Lords golf team captured their first victory of the year at the Irish Hills Invitational hosted by Adrian College (Mich.). 

The  Invitational consisted of a 10-team field with the likes of Trine University (Ind.) and Calvin University (Mich.), who finished second and third, respectively. Trine finished six shots back, whereas Calvin University was seven back. Armand Oullette ’25 led Kenyon, finishing atop the leaderboard and earning medalist honors. The Lords finished with a two-day team score of 297 and 290, culminating in a total of 587, which is tied for third best in Kenyon history in a two-round tournament. 

Oullette shot even par on the first day (71), followed by 1 under par (70) on Saturday, which placed him first overall in a field of 53 golfers. Behind Oullete was Andrew Kotler ’22, who finished 10th overall with 149 strokes. Kotler shot 5 over par in the first round (76) and then 1 over par (73) in the second round. 

Finishing third for the Lords was Ethan Manalo ’22, who placed 11th overall, while Eric Lifson ’22 and Nick Lust ’22 shared the 13th spot at 151 strokes. 

The Lords will next compete at Broadmoor Country Club when they travel to Wabash College on Oct. 4 and 5.