Brett Worsham, director of Lowry Center, announces exit

On Sept. 6, Brett Worsham sent an email out to all athletes informing them that Thursday, Sept. 16 would be his last day as Kenyon’s strength and conditioning coach and director of the Lowry Center. Worsham is leaving to work for the United States Army at Fort Campbell in Kentucky.

Reflecting on his time at Kenyon since 2018, Worsham recalled looking forward to being at an institution that had a great balance of athletics and academics. “Most places I had been at prior were very scholarship driven, very much athletic driven for the institution to survive,” Worsham explained in his email. 

As the first full-time strength and conditioning coach, Worsham is proud of the program he helped build — particularly his role in developing the staff. One of those staff members, Tom Klosowski, the assistant men’s lacrosse coach, will take over coordinating teams’ schedules for strength and conditioning training while Kenyon searches for the next director. In the meantime, certified strength and conditioning coaches at Kenyon will assist teams with workouts. 

Worsham said that what he will miss most are the relationships that he has formed at Kenyon. “People forget that the actual people ‘make the place,’ not the sports teams or even the college,” Worsham wrote in the email to the athletes. “These things are just the catalyst that attracts people, you all; the people are the reason people stay and come back years later.”

Worsham’s colleagues will miss his work ethic as well as his ability to learn and grow. Student-athletes respected him not just because of the expertise he provided, but also because he was so committed to them, according to Director of Athletics, Fitness and Recreation Jill McCartney.

“Brett has made Kenyon Athletics better and we are deeply grateful to him for all he has done,” she said. “We will certainly miss him.”