Lords look ahead to NCAC tournament

This past weekend, the Lords golf team extended their winning streak to three, defeating the College of Wooster on Saturday and Sunday. To kick off the weekend, Kenyon squeaked by the Fighting Scots with a seven-stroke margin of victory, 300-307. On Sunday, the Lords persevered through tough weather conditions and beat Wooster by a decisive 25 strokes, 310-335. 

Lawrence Courtney ’21 led the Lords, shooting one over par (72) on both days. Nick Lust ’22 finished second overall, shooting a 73 on Saturday and 76 on Sunday. Ethan Manalo ’22 finished fourth overall with a score of 79. 

This win marks the end of Kenyon’s regular season as the team looks forward to the first round of the North Coast Atlantic Conference (NCAC) Championship next weekend. The Lords will face stiff competition, but if these past weekends are any indication, they will be strong contenders for the conference championship. 

Despite their strong regular-season play, Manalo believes the Lords’ best golf is ahead of them. “We have things to clean up before conferences,” he said. “We’re confident but not content.” 

Kenyon will travel to Granville, Ohio on Friday to kick off the 2021 NCAC tournament.