Section: Lacrosse

Lords look ahead to NCAC title game, Ladies end season

Lords

The Lords traveled to Meadville, Pa. on Sunday to match up against Allegheny College. After getting off to a slow start in the first half, the Lords rallied, going into halftime up 5-1. The second half saw the Lords take a 10-2 lead into the fourth quarter. Kenyon ended up winning 13-4. 

Goalie David Metzger ’21 was happy with the win, but believes his team needs to clean up their mistakes. “We excelled later in the game, but we need to improve on being mentally engaged for all 60 minutes if we hope to be crowned NCAC champions,” he said. 

The Lords will have some time to perfect their game before the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) Championship game on Saturday, May 1, when they will face Oberlin College. The championship game will take place at either Ohio Wesleyan University or Denison University. 

Ladies

The Ladies lacrosse team faced off against Allegheny College in a thrilling contest on Saturday. While it was Senior Night in Gambier, a pair of first years starred in the game. Midfielders Kate Lengel ’24 and Alex Tiatia ’24 combined for six goals and two assists. 

The Ladies jumped out to a 6-1 lead, before the Gators clawed back to make it 7-6 late in the first half. With 10 minutes left in the game, Kenyon had built a 14-9 lead. The Gators scored the next four goals, but it wasn’t enough, as the Ladies prevailed 14-13 in their last game of the season. 

“It was such a great feeling to work together and pull out a win for our seniors’ last game,” Lengel noted after the game. 

The Ladies finished the season third in the East Division of the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) with a record of 1-3.