Men’s tennis prepares for return in shortened season

The men’s tennis team is set to make its return to competition this Sunday against the Allegheny College Gators at the Vandenburg Courts. 

This year’s schedule, like many other NCAA programs across the country, has seen a number of alterations and restrictions. Men’s tennis must adhere to the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) and Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines when practicing. This season, the NCAC is split up into a number of regionally centered divisions designed to prevent as much overnight travel for athletic teams as possible.

Due to Kenyon’s return to play guidelines, the Lords missed the beginning of the NCAC season despite a number of other conference members electing to compete beginning on Feb. 20. Now finally cleared to compete, the Lords will enter divisional competition and are scheduled to play in five away matches and five at home. Among the opponents visiting are Allegheny College (Meadville, Pa.), the College of Wooster, DePauw University (Greencastle, Ind.) and Denison University, with away matches scheduled at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburg, Pa.) and Case Western Reserve University.