Becker advances to NCAA Championship

Becker advances to NCAA Championship

Emma Becker ’22 races ahead of the field. Becker would finish the race in eighth place (21:38.7), which qualified her for the NCAA Championship. | Courtesy of Kenyon College Athletics

Mens

In their final race of the season, the Kenyon Men’s cross country team finished 31st in the NCAA Division III Great Lakes Regional Championships that took place in Grand Rapids, Mich. Calvin College, the hosts of the event, took first place with 43 points.

Seven Lords ran in the meet. Tommy Johnson ’20 was the first Kenyon runner to cross the finish line with a time of 25:48.1, which earned him 84th place. Paul Neubauer ’21 followed over a minute later in 170th (27:05.4). Ethan Bradley ’20 and John Burczak ’23 were next to finish, running 28:01.3 and 28:08.7 respectively.

Vincent Lewis ’20, Kenyon’s fastest runner all season, struggled with severe side cramps and finished with a time of 28:22.2.

Womens

The Ladies cross country team competed in the NCAA D-III Regional Championships over the weekend and earned an 11th-place finish out of 34 participating teams.

Emma Becker ’22 continued her stellar season, leading the team with an 8th-place individual finish. Her time of 21:38.7 qualified her for the NCAA Championship next Saturday in Louisville, Ky. Becker will be the first Kenyon participant in the event since Jenna Willett ’13 in 2013.

In the final race of her career, Chloe Hall ’20 came across next for the Ladies in 49th with a time of 22:44.5. Alice Riley ’23 followed after in 94th with a time of 23:27.3.