Lords golf finishes third at Virtues Falls Shootout

This past weekend, the Lords golf team participated in the Virtues Fall Shootout hosted by Denison University. Six players attended the event, with the team ultimately placing third, falling to victorious Allegheny College (Pa.) and runner-up Denison.

The Lords shot 318 on the first day, with Lawrence Courtney ’21 posting an impressive 75 and shooting +3. He would finish the weekend with a cumulative 151, resulting in an individual t-10 finish.

The Lords also saw high-quality outings from Nick Lust ’22, who shot a 149 to finish ninth in the tournament, and Logan Spiess ’23, who finished tied for 14th with a 153.

The team combined for 303 strokes on the second day, ultimately finishing with a total of 621.

While he did not compete for the team, Patrick Kawakami ’20 also turned in a notable individual performance, shooting 159 cumulatively, tied for 22nd place in a field of 51 players.

Although the team experienced a successful weekend, placing third, they are still hoping to work towards better results and to garner greater national recognition.

“It was a pretty good tournament and fall [season] for the team,” Lifson said. “We are pretty young and have a chance to develop as [we continue] moving forward. Spring is always more important for us, so we are going into the off-season excited for what we can do next semester.”

With this invitational being the final fall outing for the team, they will now begin their off-season work in hopes of even greater spring results. The team will begin its second-semester play at the BSN Sports Dataw Island Invitational in South Carolina on March 9.