Lords and Ladies earn Invitational victories

Lords

The Kenyon men’s cross country team held their annual Kenyon Invitational on Friday, Sept. 30 against Denison University, Ohio Wesleyan University, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, and Muskingum University

This was the first year since 2011 that Kenyon’s annual season-opening invitational hosted five teams.

The Lords had four finishers in the top 10, including first-place finisher Vincent Lewis ’20, who finished with a time of 16:32.0. Tommy Johnson ’20 was the next Lord to finish, coming in seventh with a time of 17:05.5. Michael Deal ’23 and Thomas Guidotti ’21 finished in eight and ninth places respectively.

The Lords’ next race is on Sept. 7 at 10 a.m., where they will be competing in Calvin College’s (Mich.) Pre-Regional Race.

Ladies

The Kenyon women’s cross country team dominated in the annual Kenyon Invitational, the opening meet of the season. Of the 60 runners competing in the 5k race, the first four finishers donned Kenyon’s purple and black. Emma Becker ’22 won the race with a time of 19:36.6. She beat her closest competitor, Grace Moses ’20, by 20 seconds.

Chloe Hall ’20 followed behind in third, and Alice Riley ’23 earned a fourth place finish in her first collegiate race. In total, the Ladies had seven of the top 20 finishers.

They will look to build on their outstanding start this Saturday when they travel to Calvin College (Mich.) for the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) pre-regional meet.