Kenyon field hockey extends their winning streak to four, record third straight shutout

The Kenyon field hockey team shut out non-conference opponent Rhodes College (Tenn.) by a score of 2-0 in a strong showing. Following the game, the Ladies now have three consecutive shutouts.

In the game against Rhodes College on Saturday, the Ladies set the tone early: Isabella Meneguzzi ’22 scored her second goal of the season seven minutes into the game, assisted by Hannah Sklar ’20. Two minutes into the third quarter, Kenyon converted again, with Sarah Metzmaier ’22 scoring her fourth goal off an assist from Olivia O’Connell ’21. Kenyon’s defense was stout once again, allowing zero shots on goal. Defender Victoria Holman ’21 earned the NCAC Player of the Week award for her defensive contributions.

Kenyon is in the midst of a four-game winning streak, with three out of four of those being home games. The Ladies now hold a 5-2 record on the season, tied for the second best non-conference record in the NCAC, with conference play commencing next Tuesday. Kenyon will hit the road again this week, playing at the College of Wooster on Thursday, Sept. 26.