Lords football beaten by the Fighting Scots last weekend

On Saturday, the Lords traveled to Wooster, Ohio for another North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) matchup against the College of Wooster. The Lords’ offense met stout opposition from the Wooster defense, who shut down the Lords in a contest that saw the Lords lose 41-0.

Offensively, Thomas Merkle ’20 threw for 208 yards and Rob Meagher ’19 led the team with 76 yards rushing, a season-high for him. Despite the strong Wooster defense, Kenyon did not stop fighting and continued to try to create chances for themselves.

Merkle’s top target was Ian Robertson ’19, who caught eight passes for 100 yards. Robertson has been one of the top targets for the Lords throughout this season. This past performance for Robertson marks his fourth straight and sixth overall game this season where he’s reeled in at least 100 yards receiving. On the season he now has a total 86 catches for 956 yards.

On the defensive side of the ball, the Lords did all they could to prevent a strong Wooster offensive from reaching the end zone. Tom Zaleski ’21 and Chris Nehasil ’21 both recorded nine tackles on the day; Nehasil and Sam Dickey ’20 each had one sack. The Lords will hit the road this weekend where they will travel to Greencastle, Ind., for another NCAC showdown. The Lords go to battle the DePauw University Tigers on Saturday, Nov. 3, at 1 p.m..