Lords and Ladies XC run through the night at Wooster meet

Lords

The Kenyon men’s cross country team traveled to Wooster, Ohio for the Twilight 5K hosted by The College of Wooster, which was an unscored event. This was a relatively small meet for the Lords with just 39 runners representing four schools, all from the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC), competing in the event.

There was a strong showing from the host school as Wooster saw runners take the first seven spots, and saw Brian Lief come in first overall with a time of 15:21.4. Kenyon sent nine runners to the race, with Paul Neubauer ’21 crossing the finish line first for the Lords and 14th overall with a time of 17:11.4. Next to cross the finish line for the Lords was Andrew Wedeking ’20 who finished 18th overall with a time of 17:23. 

After these two, the race saw a group of finishers from other NCAC schools, including Oberlin and Allegheny. Later in the group four more Lords runners would cross the finish line, with Patrick Ahlgren ’21, Ben Dorfman ’21, Daniel Lane ’22, and Will Spohn ’22 finishing 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th respectively. The last group to finish for the Lords were Ben Stillions ’22, Steve Lucas ’21, and Isaac Hager ’19, finishing 29th, 33rd and 38th, respectively. 

Looking ahead, the Lords have one more event left in the 2018 season, and it is the NCAA Division III Regional Championships. The event will take place Saturday, Nov. 10th in Franklin, Ind.

Ladies

Ladies Cross Country traveled to the College of Wooster on Friday to take part in the Twilight 5K challenge. The meet, which took place after the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) championships, went unscored.

Kenyon, who took third place in the recent championships, looked to continue their strong form in the Twilight 5K challenge in anticipation of the regional championship next weekend. Caroline Daugherty ’19 took the top spot among all Lady runners, finishing with a time of 19:31.3, which was a 5K personal best for the season.

Next to finish for the Ladies was Camille Baxter ’22, who finished 23rd, crossing the finish line at the 20:58.1 mark. The subsequent two Kenyon runners to finish the race would do so back-to-back. Davida Harris ’22 and Hanna Feuer ’21 finished at 25th and 26th respectively, recording times of 21:17.7 and 21:20.1.

Another consecutive pair was next to finish for the Ladies, with Cortney Johnson ’21 and Taylor Hazan ’19 claiming the 30th and 31st spots in the race. Johnson managed to record a time of 21:33.3 while Hazan came in with a time of 21:34.9. Finishing out the race were Katarina Yepez ’22, who finished at 36th, followed by Mari Holben ’22 and Megan Gothard ’19 at 37th and 39th.