Ladies volleyball gets one win and one loss over the weekend

Kenyon volleyball played its final two regular season games this past Saturday. The Ladies earned a split, winning against Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology 3-0 and falling to Defiance College 1-3. Kenyon’s record now sits 15-11 with a conference record of 4-4.

In the first match, Haley Witschey ’20 and Mackenzie Bruzzio ’20 shined for the Ladies, finishing with 14 and 13 kills respectively. Meghan Cason ’21 had a tremendous performance, accumulating a total of 36 assists in the game against Rose-Hulman.

Defensively, Delaney Swanson ’19, Katie Howard ’22 and Bruzzio slowed down Rose-Hulman’s attack with a combined 51 digs. Elyse Davidson ’21 led the Ladies with 2 blocks, helping to hold Rose-Hulman to just a .134 attack percentage.

In the second match, the Ladies started off strong, winning the first set 25-16, but ultimately fell to Defiance, losing closely in succeeding sets by a combined 16 points.

Bruzzio continued her strong performance, finishing the second match with 15 kills, 21 digs, 2 aces, 2 assists and a block. Cason again displayed her play-making abilities with 36 total blocks, tallying 72 blocks in both games.

The Ladies play their next match on Nov. 2 at Wittenberg University for the North Coast Athletic Conference Tournament at 7 p.m.