Football falters again in game at Depauw Tigers

On Nov. 5, the Kenyon Lords lost their second to last game of the season to the DePauw Tigers with a final score of 38-6.

DePauw earned most of its points from Chase Andries and Andy Hunt, but Kenyon quarterback Thomas Merkle ’20 went 28-of-46 for 288 yards. The Lords’ receiver, Ian Robertson ’19, hauled in 10 passes for 164 yards. In addition, Merkle and Robertson connected on Kenyon’s lone scoring play of the game, a 48-yard, third-quarter touchdown toss.

The Tigers opened the game with 10 first-quarter points, which Jake Tanner gained on a 20-yard field goal. This play was followed by a 28-yard pass from Andries to Hunt, who finished the contest with nine catches for 116 yards and a total of two touchdowns.

The Kenyon Lords will play their final game of the season this Saturday, Nov. 10 and host Denison on their home Mavec Field for Kenyon’s Senior Day.

The Lords have had a rough year, going 0-9 for the entire season as they are staring at a second straight winless season. However, the Lords are hopeful to come out victorious in their final game. The senior ceremony will honor the 12 seniors and thank them for their four years of sportsmanship and dedication.