Rose to lead young men’s XC

The Kenyon Lords cross country team enters the 2018 season re-energized and ready to improve upon last season. Notably, Kyle Rose ’19 is coming off a strong junior year, and looks to play a big part in the Lords’ success this season. Other runners to pay attention to this season are Tommy Johnson ’20 and Vincent Lewis ’20, both of whom are coming off a strong 2017 season.

On Friday, Aug. 31, the Lords and Ladies opened their 2018 season with the annual Kenyon Tri-Meet. The meet featured runners from North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) rival Ohio Wesleyan University, as well as the rival from across the Coshocton, Mount Vernon Nazarene University.

Rose and Johnson were the top performers for the Lords, placing second and third out of the 38 runners competing. Rose finished the course with a time of 16:30.3, and Johnson finished in 16:36.9. First place went to Justis Paul of Mount Vernon Nazarene who completed the course in 16:16.2. Other noteworthy finishes from the Lords included Will Oakley ’22, Cody Bratzler ’21 and Vincent Lewis ’20 who finished ninth, 12th and 15th respectively.