Moses wins Kenyon Tri-Meet

The Kenyon Ladies cross country team started the 2018 season with the hope to improve upon their third-place finish in the North Conference Athletic Conference (NCAC) Championship last season. Four out of the five runners that placed during last year’s conference meet are returning to the team, as are the four runners who placed during the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Great Lakes Region Championship in 2017. Leading the charge for the Ladies are returning NCAC Newcomer of the Year Eleanor Tetreault ’21, as well as Grace Moses ’20. Other notable runners for the Ladies include Quinn Harrigan ’19, Andrea Ludwig ’19 and Cortney Johnson ’21.

The Ladies had a strong performance during the Kenyon Tri-Meet with Moses finishing first out of the 46 runners with a time of 19:34.5 and Sophie Niekamp ’21 finishing behind her to earn second place. Rosa Rumora ’19 took fifth place in the race, followed by Rachel Bush from Ohio Wesleyan University. Then, four Ladies in a row proceeded to cross the finish line. Kenyon ended with seven total runners in the top 10, capping off a dominant performance by the Ladies.

The Lords and the Ladies cross country teams look to continue their success this upcoming Saturday in Delaware, Ohio, at the Ohio Wesleyan Pre-NCAC Meet.