Ladies soccer win three straight

he Kenyon Ladies soccer team spent their week of action on the road, where they were able to pick up two important wins.

First up was a matchup against Washington and Jefferson College in Washington, Penn. Offense was at a premium, with only three shots on goal by each side. Kenyon goalkeeper Jillian Countey ’20 would keep all three on-target shots out of the net, something the Presidents’ keeper did not manage.

With just five minutes to go until halftime, defender Caroline McNeer ’21 sent in a cross to midfielder Fallon Raviol ’20, giving the Ladies a one-goal lead. The score would hold for the rest of the match, and the Ladies evened their record on the year to 2-2-1.

Looking to maintain their momentum, the Ladies faced another out-of-state opponent, Franklin College in Franklin, Ind. Kenyon and Franklin came into Sunday’s match with identical records. The Ladies entered the game with an offense that had begun to find its rhythm.

The Grizzlies got on the board first around the 11th minute, but just one minute later Raviol found the top right corner from 30 yards out to even the score. The first half was a tough and tightly contested battle, but the second half turned into a whole other game.

With just over 57 minutes played, Morgan Engmann ’20 slipped behind the defense before passing to an open Raviol, who would secure the brace. The Ladies padded their lead with goals from Samantha Hayes ’21 and Jaidyn Cook ’22 for a resounding 4-1 Kenyon victory.

Last night, Kenyon traveled to John Carroll, and, once again, it was all about the defense the Ladies earned another shutout. However, the Kenyon faithful had to wait until extra time to see a goal. In the 93rd minute, Olivia Dion ’22 struck the ball, which rebounded to Hayes who slotted the ball in for the 1-0 Kenyon victory.

The Ladies will play in their first North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC game of the year at Wittenberg University on Sept. 22 at 7:30pm.