Lords win, but Ladies lose against Lewis and Clark College

Lords and Ladies tennis played against the Lewis and Clark College Pioneers the last two nights. While the Lords defeated the Pioneers 7-2 last night to improve their record to 6-9, the Ladies were not as successful, falling 6-3 and dropping to 4-5 overall.

The Lords dominated the Pioneers from the onset of their match on Wednesday night. Weston Noall ’18 and Alex Rieger ’18 won at No. 1 doubles, while Nicholas Paolucci ’19 and Jacob Zalenski ’20 claimed victory at No. 2 doubles. While the Lords dropped No. 3 doubles, Michael Liu ’18, Max Smith ’18, Paolucci, Zalenski and Noall all won their singles matches to secure the overall victory for the Lords.

The Ladies played their counterparts at Lewis and Clark on Tuesday night, but did not experience the same level of success as the Lords, losing 6-3 to the Pioneers. In singles, Alyssa Moreau ’18 won at No. 6 and Mara Kaspers ’20 won as well. It was Kasper’s fifth consecutive victory and Moreau’s fourth in a row. The Ladies lost four of six singles matches and were almost swept in doubles, with only the pairing of Diana Aboubakare ’18 and Jenna Murray ’17 claiming victory.

Prior to their victory over Lewis and Clark College, the Lords lost 5-4 to Case Western Reserve University on Saturday afternoon. In the loss, Kenyon won two of the three doubles matches, but lost four of the six singles matches. Duo Mike Roberts ’17 and Tristan Kaye ’17 won a point at No. 3 doubles, and Paolucci and Zalenski secured the other doubles point at No. 2 doubles. Zalenski and fellow first year Austin Diehl won the other two points of the day for the Lords in their respective singles matches.

The Ladies will next play against Ohio Wesleyan University Carnegie Mellon University at home on Friday afternoon, while the Ladies will host Carnegie Mellon University at home on Saturday morning at 9 a.m.