Lords and Ladies indoor track finishes 7th and 4th in meet

The Lords and Ladies indoor track and field teams competed on Saturday at the Bob Shannon Invitational at Denison University. In the nine-school competition, the Ladies finished in fourth place and the Lords placed seventh. The invitational was the largest competition of the season for both teams.

The Ladies recorded several second-place finishes, but ultimately did not win any event. Harlee Mollenkopf ’17 finished second in the 5,000-meter event with a time of 18:56:76. Mollenkopf’s teammates Quinn Harrigan ’19 and Andrea Ludwig ’19 clocked in right behind her, finishing in third and fifth place, respectively. Claire Naughton ’17 took second place in the 3,000-meter race with a time of 11:12:33. Grace Moses ’20 had the final individual second-place finish for the Ladies, with a time of 2:25:03 in the 800-meter race.

Moses also contributed to another second-place finish, running a leg of the distance medley event in which the Ladies finished in 13:14:79. Moses was joined by Tate Serletti ’20, Molly Hunt ’18 and Rosa Rumora ’19 in the medley, during which the Ladies ran a season-best time.

The Ladies had not had a meet in a couple of weeks but showed very little rust. “This was our first pretty big meet of the season and everyone performed really well,” Mollie O’Leary ’17 said. “We were coming off a week of hard training, so I think we were feeling a little tired but determined. We had a few people qualify for All-Ohio, which is always exciting and a big accomplishment.”

The distance medley event also went successfully for the Lords. The combination of Isak Davis ’19, Ben Weinberg ’18, Andrew Lesak ’19 and Mark Lewis ’20 claimed the top spot in the medley with a time of 10:57:13. It marked the third straight week that Davis has won at least one event. Kyle Rose ’19 had the best individual performance for the Lords, running the 5,000-meter race in 16:22:72 for a fifth-place finish.

Qualifying members of the Lords and Ladies will compete in the All-Ohio Championship on Saturday afternoon at Otterbein University in Westerville, Ohio.