Lords triumph in games against Denison and Hiram

Lords soccer defeated Denison University in a 3-0 victory on Saturday, allowing only four shots from the Big Red, who are ranked 23rd nationally in Division III soccer.

Kenyon controlled the first half, as the offense fired off eight shots while the defense refused to give up any. Leading scorer Tony Amolo ’17 scored in the 21st minute when he shot from 15 yards out off a cross from Billy O’Neil ’18.

The Big Red was dominaed throughout the game, with Kenyon leading in possession, corners and shots. Forward Woo Jeon ’18 scored in the 72nd minute off an assist by Josh Lee ’17 and again in the 81st minute off a cross from Brice Koval ’19.

“We’ve definitely gotten more focused as we get to the tough end of the season,” starting keeper Sam Clougher ’17 said. “The loss [against DePauw] on October 3rd was a pretty nice wake-up call, but as bad as it was, we played quite well.”

The team continued its winning ways against Hiram College Tuesday night, cruising to a 4-1 win.

The first half was a low-scoring affair in which neither the Lords nor the Terriers found the back of the net for the first 40 minutes. Kenyon finally broke the scoreless tie in the 41st minute when David Anderson ’19 scored his first collegiate goal off a rebound from Jordan Glassman’s ’17 shot.

The second half had a quicker pace, with the Lords scoring three goals to Hiram’s one. Kenyon scored early in the half with Glassman earning his fourth goal of the season in the 48th minute off an assist by Tony Amolo ’17. Hiram fought back, scoring in the 60th minute and closing Kenyon’s lead to one goal. Kenyon retaliated, with Amolo scoring in the 70th minute of the game. Dalton Eudy ’17 followed suit in the 80th minute, scoring off of a Glassman assist.

In their last two games, the Lords’ prolific attack continued to shine, with five different players combining to score seven goals and the team outshooting its opponents 39 to 11. On the season, the Lords have scored 41 goals in 13 games for an average of about three per game. They have let in seven goals for an average of about .54 goal per game by their opponents.

As Kenyon rolls toward the end of its season and the start of the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) tournament, the team looks to improve its record and national ranking at Allegheny College on Saturday at 5 p.m.