Men’s and women’s tennis have successful weekends on the road

By Reed Dickerson | Staff Writer

This past weekend Kenyon’s tennis teams went on the road to bring back four wins out of four games. The men’s team traveled to Swarthmore, Pa. to play  Swarthmore College and the Stevens Institute of Technology on Saturday, March 22 and Haverford College on Sunday, March 23. The women’s team travelled on Friday to play at Baldwin Wallace University, acing their matches against Baldwin Wallace with a 9-0 victory. Notable matches include an opening doubles win by Taylor Diffley ’16 and Jenna Murray ’17 of 8-1, and Madison Hoffman ’16 and Claire Cohen ’16 skunking the opposing duo with an 8-0 win.

Not to be outdone, the men opened the weekend by beating Swarthmore 7-2 and winning against Stevens 6-3, and closed it out with a sweeping victory against Haverford  with  a 9-0 win. The doubles team of Michael Razumovsky ’15 and Wade Heerboth ’15 played and won in all three matches, and as a pair now have four straight victories. By the end of the weekend, the Ladies are 4-6 on the season, while the Lords are 10-4. Both will play on the road again this upcoming weekend, with the women’s team going up against Allegheny College, and the men’s team playing Middlebury College and DePauw University.