Lords tennis wins twice over weekend

By Reed Dickerson | Staff Writer

This past Saturday, Feb. 15 the Lords tennis team played both the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and Earlham College in their second and third matches of the season. The Lords had an excellent day, beating the Wisconsin Warhawks 7-2 and blowing Earlham out of the water with a score of 9-0.

Jacob Huber ’15 scored a pair of wins against Wisconsin, the first in an 8-5 win in doubles with Michael Roberts ’17, and the second in singles with a 6-2, 6-0 win.

“We knew that they were definitely going to be ready,” Head Coach Scott Thielke said. “We came in and played solid doubles; we had a little bit of a hiccup with the number two doubles at the very end, but overall we played pretty decent doubles.”

Later that day, the Lords played Earlham College. In doubles, Sam Geier ’16 and Tim Rosensteel ’15 took the No. 1 doubles match with a score of 8-4. In singles, Davis Thrailkill ’15 won 6-1, 6-1, and Nick Fiaschetti ’17 took his match by a score of 6-1, 6-0.

It was a long but successful day, according to Thielke.

“We were on the court for probably 10 or 11 straight hours,” he said.

The Lords head to Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland this weekend for the ITA Indoor Nationals.