Section: Letter to the Editor

Letter to the Editor #2.

To the Editors,

Many citizens of Gambier are seriously concerned about the safety of students on and near roads in the Vil- lage.

Day and night many students step out into or walk in the street without looking or crossing at a crosswalk. Some students ride around town on bikes, skateboards and scooters without paying any attention to vehicles on the roads.

Village residents are often frightened by close calls and insulted by the students involved when they act as though they are entitled to walk and ride in the road without regard for cars. Please take the time to be re- sponsible when crossing any road. Look up from your phone and pay attention.

In the dark, pedestrians are often completely invisible to drivers. Students will get hit — it has happened before. This is a problem everywhere, but especially at night on north campus on Chase and Gaskin Avenues, on Wiggin Street crossing to and from Peirce and walking to and from the Kenyon Farm.

If you ride a bicycle, please remember that you are governed by the same laws that govern cars and may be ticketed for breaking those laws.

Everyone who lives in Gambier asks all Kenyon stu- dents to please be respectful and look out for cars in the Village.

Sincerely, Kachen Kimmell Mayor, Village of Gambier, Ohio