Collegian endorses Kachen Kimmell

After hearing the three candidates at a debate earlier this month and meeting individually with each, the Collegian has decided to endorse Kachen Kimmell for mayor of Gambier.

Each candidate — Kimmell, Liz Forman and Betsy Heer — comes with Village Council experience and well-established ties to the community.

We believe Kimmell’s experience in Village governance makes her well qualified for the job, and that her outlook on the relationship between the College and the Village is one of forward-thinking optimism.

As the College and Village become more involved with projects proposed in Kenyon’s master plan, Kimmell’s wealth of knowledge as the chair of the Planning and Zoning Commission for the past eight years will be useful. With an educational background in engineering and law, Kimmell brings sound judgment and a keen eye to Village issues.

Many students may have met Kimmell through her role as chair of the Harcourt Parish Rummage Sale for the past four years. For her community service, work on Council and commitment to transparency in government, the Collegian believes Kimmell the right candidate for the position.

Regardless of who you vote for, we encourage all students who are eligible to vote in Gambier to make their voices heard on Tuesday.