OSE finalizes six senior nominees for Anderson Cup Award

The Office of Student Engagement (OSE) has finalized the six nominees for the 2024 E. Malcolm Anderson Cup Award, an award which recognizes one graduating senior each year for their contributions to the Kenyon community. This year’s nominees are Chevaugn Campbell ’24, Daniel Kowalczyk ’24, Ethan Parks ’24, Freya Beinart ’24, Taylor Womack ’24 and Yadhira Ramirez ’24. The recipient will be announced at Honors Day on April 16.

Since its establishment in 1935 by E. Malcolm Anderson (Class of 1914), the Anderson Cup is awarded each year to a student who contributed the most to Kenyon during this academic year, as voted by Kenyon community members. Upon receiving the award, the recipient’s name will be engraved on the Anderson Cup. Nominees of the award were required to be in good standing and must graduate in either the spring or fall semester of 2024. The most recent winners were Ubongabasi James Asuquo ’23 and Kirollos “Kiro” Nader Mikhaeel ’22. 

All of the 2024 nominees have given their time to the Kenyon community through various leadership positions. In each of their statements, the six nominees discuss their positions in student organizations and student leadership on campus. Previously involved with the Greek Council, Kowalczyk is the Vice President for the Business and Finance Committee, as well as an ambassador for Morgan’s Message. Womack serves as the Vice President for Student Life, in addition to her leadership within Sisterhood. Campbell is the Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion, as well as the president of Men Of Color.

Both Parks and Beinart have active leadership roles on Kenyon’s First Generation and Low Income affinity group (FiGLI) as president and Executive Board member respectively. In addition to his work with FiGLI, Parks also works closely with the Office of Admissions. 

The Anderson Cup nominees also have experience acting as mentors to the wider Kenyon community. Beinart works as a K-STEM Mentor and Coordinator, while Campbell is both an International Pre-Orientation leader and Chemistry Teaching Assistant, as well as a Senior Admissions Fellow.

Some nominees are also heavily involved with volunteer work. In addition to her work coordinating events with ¡Adelante!, Ramirez volunteers with Habitat for Humanity.

“All of our finalists are worthy of the award, and all show both the dedication and impact our students can make here at Kenyon,” OSE wrote in an email to the student body.