Longtime Peirce staff member, Michelle M. Jacquet, dies

COURTESY OF FLOWERS-SYNDER FUNERAL HOME

On Oct. 21, longtime member of Peirce Dining Hall’s staff and lifelong Mount Vernon resident Michelle M. Jacquet died at Knox Community Hospital. She was 49 years old. 

Jacquet was born in Mount Vernon on Aug. 13, 1972 to Frederick and Carolyn (Midos) Jacquet. A 1990 graduate of Mount Vernon High School, Jacquet was an avid lover of bingo and casino nights with her family and friends.

For almost 20 years, Jacquet had been a dedicated staff member of Peirce under both Aramark and AVI, though her work was often done behind the scenes. She will be fondly remembered for answering every student’s “thank you,” at the dish carousel, responding kindly with a “have a nice day.” 

“I worked many times during the rush helping the team wash dishes, and no matter how deep in the weeds we were or how busy we were, she always took a brief few seconds to shout back to the students,” former Resident Dining Director Chris Wisbey said in the College’s announcement. 

Jacquet was not the only member of her family involved in work at Kenyon; her daughter, too, has worked at Peirce, continuing in her mother’s footsteps. Manager of Business Services Fred Linger expressed condolences for Jacquet’s family during this difficult time. 

“[Peirce] meant a great deal to [Michelle] and to have her daughter, Deanna, working here beside her. There will be a hole on the team with our loss,” he wrote in an email to the Collegian

Jacquet is survived by her mother, brother and two children, Deanna and Zach. In the College’s announcement, Linger expressed condolences for her family members during this difficult time. 

“We are especially grieved for Michelle’s children and family and will look forward to getting her daughter, Deanna, back to work in Peirce where we can encourage and support her future here,” he said. 

The Flowers-Synder Funeral Home in Mount Vernon will hold a visitation this Thursday, Oct. 28, followed by a celebration of life service at 3 p.m. Memorial contributions in Jacquet’s name may be made to the Knox County Humane Society.