Daisy Desrosiers named director and chief curator of Gund Gallery

On Monday, a news bulletin announced Daisy Desrosiers as the new director and chief curator of the Gund Gallery. She will take over for interim director Katherine Solender on June 1. 

Desrosiers, who currently works at the Lunder Institute for American Art, part of the Colby College Museum of Art, will lead the Gallery’s staff and Associates as it celebrates its 10th anniversary. 

“Daisy’s experience positions her well to lead the Gallery,” President Sean Decatur said in the announcement. “Her work to advance artistic voices from marginalized communities and to increase public engagement with art are all in harmony with Kenyon’s mission of fostering a transformative liberal arts education that encourages curiosity and innovation.” 

Desrosiers will focus on working with Gund Gallery Associates and staff to curate exhibitions that advance the Gallery’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.

Desrosiers earned a bachelor’s degree in art history from Université de Montréal and a master’s degree in art history from the Université du Québec à Montréal. Prior to her time at Colby, she worked as an art advisor for public and private collectors, worked as a Nicholas Fox Curatorial Fellow at the Glucksman Museum in Cork, Ireland, and completed a curatorial residency at Art in General in New York City. 

At Colby, Desrosiers served as the director of artist programs at the Lunder Institute for American Art, where she oversaw the institute’s collaborations with artists, its community initiatives, publications, exhibitions and public programming.

Desrosiers will manage the Gallery’s extensive collection of modern and contemporary art, including works by artists Roy Lichtenstein, Louise Nevelson, Ragnar Kjaransson and Julie Mehrtu. 

Desrosiers will work to engage more Kenyon students and community members with the Gallery, its collection and its programs.

In the announcement, Desrosiers expressed her excitement and explained how she looks forward to contributing to the future of the Gund Gallery and the College. “For me, museums and galleries are extraordinary spaces to foster curiosity towards new ideas, people and experiences, to generate the production of knowledge as well as to redefine notions of hospitality,” she said. “I’m inspired and look forward to the creative and collaborative work ahead of us.”