College searches for new Maintenance Director

Early this semester, Maintenance Director Steve Arnett left his position for personal reasons. Since then, Kenyon has been in the process of searching for a replacement. The College has not named an interim director in his place, as they appear to be waiting to complete their search to fill the position.

A committee has been tasked with finding qualified candidates to fill the open position. So far, a pool of seven possible candidates have been interviewed via Skype for the position.

“We’ll narrow it down to the top two or three [through the Skype interviews],” Chief Business Officer Mark Kohlman said. “Then we’ll invite them here for on-campus interviews. We’ll hopefully make a decision and offer the job to somebody by the end of the semester.” The timing would hopefully have a new director in place for the spring 2020 semester as future campus construction projects begin.

All potential candidates are currently employed, so the chosen candidate will not be able to take up the post until they have given notice to their current employer. Kohlman hopes to have Arnett’s replacement join his staff as soon as possible.