Ganter-Price Hall welcomes renovated, burrito-ready kitchen

Late-night burrito lovers, rejoice: The kitchen of Ganter-Price Hall, commonly known as the Ganter, is in the final stage of its renovation.

The Alpha Delta Phi (AD) fraternity frequently uses the kitchen for philanthropic projects such as their burrito delivery service, the proceeds of which benefit New Directions, a domestic abuse shelter in Mount Vernon.

“The kitchen renovation will really make that more efficient and allow us to raise a lot more money,” AD president Herbie Dittersdorf ’19 said.

Dittersdorf and his fellow ADs are looking forward to using the updated space in the coming weeks. “The most exciting thing, for me at least, is the dishwasher … That’s always a whole extra hour of work, scrubbing things,” Dittersdorf said.

The kitchen will feature all-new appliances and cabinets, as well as additional storage space. Dittersdorf expressed hope that the ADs will be able to cook and deliver their burritos more frequently thanks to the updates.

All parts of the Ganter are open for reservation by student groups and individuals. Dittersdorf emphasized that one of his goals as president is to make the Ganter more accessible for casual student use. Students wishing to reserve the space may contact Kit Fluharty ’19.

Kenyon maintenance workers commissioned the kitchen’s cabinets shortly after Labor Day, and installation began in early November. All appliances were installed by Nov. 30. Once workers finish painting the walls, the kitchen will be open for student use.

AD members have been interested in renovating the kitchen for a few years. Dittersdorf credited Fluharty, treasurer Matt Mandel ’19, former president Samuel Troper ’18 and advisor Kent Woodward-Ginther ’92 with leading the project. Alumni paid for the renovation through the fraternity’s endowment, which also funded the construction of the Ganter.

“I think it’s a great example of alumni continuing to work with student groups, supporting their interests and efforts,” Woodward-Ginther said.