Section: News

Village Record, Oct. 28 – Nov. 3

Oct. 28, 4:01 p.m. — Student in wheelchair stuck in mud at Crozier Center for Women lot. Safety responded and, with the help of other students, was able to remove chair from mud.

Oct. 30, 6:56 p.m. — Student complained of feeling ill at Lewis Residence Hall. Trouble swallowing. All vitals within normal range. Student told to seek medical attention if not better by morning.

Oct. 30, 9:50 p.m. — Student(s) complained of others entering residence without authorization at Morgan Apartments.

Oct. 30, 10:13 p.m. — Four males yelling obscenities and racial slurs. Safety responded and escorted individuals to vehicle. Individuals left without incident.

Oct. 30, 11:57 p.m. — Registered party shut down at North Campus Apartments. Over capacity. Damage to door.

Oct. 31, midnight — Phallic images drawn on multiple areas of hallway in Old Kenyon Residence Hall. Images erased.

Oct. 31, 12:44 a.m. — Fire alarm sounded due to burned food in New Apartments. No fire. Smoke cleared. Alarm reset.

Oct. 31, 12:49 a.m. — Intoxicated student in McBride Residence Hall. Safety responded.

Oct. 31, 12:59 a.m. — Intoxicated student in Caples. Required squad transport to Knox Community Hospital (KCH). Student cited for underage consumption.

Oct. 31, 3:12 a.m. — Intoxicated student in McBride. Safety responded.

Oct. 31, 8:05 a.m. — Staff member reported possible drugs in bag on Gund Commons Lawn. Safety confiscated substance. Tested positive. Turned over to Knox County Sheriff’s Office.

Oct. 31, 11:40 p.m. — Intoxicated student in Manning Residence Hall. Safety responded. Transported student to residence.

Nov. 1, 12:02 a.m. — Safety found a broken Adirondack chair on New Apartments lawn.

Nov. 1, 12:56 a.m. — Intoxicated student at Manning. Required squad transport to KCH. Student cited for underage consumption.

Nov. 1, 8:48 a.m. — Village stop sign found lying on ground.

Nov. 1, 9:08 a.m. — Damage sustained to window at Old Kenyon.

Nov. 1, 9:38 a.m. — Fire alarm sounded due to burned food at Acland Apartments. No smoke. No fire. Alarm reset.

Nov. 1, 10:40 a.m. — Damaged paper towel dispenser and thermostat cover found at Leonard Residence Hall.

Nov. 1, 5:10 p.m. — Alcohol found in residence in Mather Residence Hall. Disposed of.

Nov. 2, 9:55 p.m. — Student residence found with alcohol in Mather.

Nov. 3, 5:41 p.m. — Student complained of asthma-related symptoms at Manning after running. Safety responded. Approximately an hour later, student requested examination by EMS. EMS cleared student to rest and recommended seeing nurse practitioner at health services in morning if no significant improvement.

Nov. 3, 6:31 p.m. — Student complained of high temperature and illness at Caples through the week. Safety responded. Vitals within range. Safety advised plenty of fluids and to go to health center if no improvement by morning, or to call Safety if symptoms worsened.

0 Comments

Comments for this article have closed. If you'd like to send a letter to the editor for publication, please email us at collegian@kenyon.edu.