Section: News

Village Record, Nov. 11 — Nov. 17

Nov. 13, 3:01 p.m. — Student reported their lost K-Card incurred multiple charges at multiple locations without authorization. Knox County Sheriff’s Office (KCSO) took report and is investigating.

Nov. 14, 12:44 a.m. — Phallic symbols drawn on hallway wall in Leonard Residence Hall.

Nov. 14, 10:31 p.m. — Intoxicated student at Peirce Hall. Safety responded and transported to residence. No other action required.

Nov. 14, 11:04 p.m. — Student with nosebleed with difficulty stopping it at McBride Residence Hall. Elevated blood pressure. Squad called for assessment.

Nov. 14, 11:51 p.m. — Fire extinguisher activated without necessity at Farr Residence Hall. Extinguisher found in garbage can. Safety brought extinguisher to Office of Campus Safety and requested replacement from Maintenance.

Nov. 15, 12:19 a.m. — Intoxicated student at Leonard Residence Hall. Safety responded.

Nov. 15, 2:20 a.m. — Three aluminum poles shoved in ceiling at Gund Commons. Safety removed poles. Slight damage done to ceiling tiles.

Nov. 15, 1:31 p.m. — Fire alarm sounded due to burned food at North Campus Apartments. No smoke. No fire. Alarm reset.

Nov. 15, 4:25 p.m. — Student received injuries from bicycle accident at Hanna Residence Hall. Safety tended to minor wounds.

Nov. 16, 2:12 p.m. — Student reported damage to vehicle at Sparrow House lot.

Nov. 17, 1:52 a.m. — Safety responded to an ill student on request from nurse practitioner on call at Watson Residence Hall.


Comments for this article have closed. If you'd like to send a letter to the editor for publication, please email us at