Section: News

Village Record, Oct. 21 – Oct. 28

Oct. 21, 9:48 a.m. — Staff member found illegal substance at Ganter Price Hall. Confiscated. Brought to Campus Safety. Tested positive.

Oct. 21, 11:29 a.m. — Grocery cart belonging to the Village Market found in common area in Caples Hall. Safety requested that cart be returned to Village Market.

Oct. 21, 4:22 p.m. — Illegal substance found during inspection at a North Campus Apartment. Safety responded. Items confiscated. Items tested positive.

Oct. 21, 5:54 p.m. — Athlete received head injury at soccer field. Safety responded and transported to Kenyon Athletic Center training room for further examination.

Oct. 22, 10:25 a.m. — Student residence found with unapproved domestic animal in New Apartments.

Oct. 22, noon — Alcohol found in residence in Caples.

Oct. 22, noon — Empty bottle of liquor and beer cans found in common area in Caples.

Oct. 22, noon — Empty can of beer found in residence in Caples.

Oct. 22, 10:13 p.m. — Students reported two adult males approached them at Olin Library. One stated he was a son of a faculty member but could not say what the faculty member teaches. Safety responded. Persons not located.

Oct. 23, 9:40 p.m. — Phallic image on carpet in Norton Residence Hall. Image reduced with water.

Oct. 24, 3:15 a.m. — Intoxicated student at Farr Hall. Safety responded. Student unresponsive. Student transported to Knox Community Hospital (KCH).

Oct. 24, 4 p.m. — Student in Watson Residence Hall reported hearing fireworks being set off near residence. The student witnessed a vehicle going past, a flash of light and another sound of a firework.

Oct. 24, 5:24 p.m. — Fire alarm sounded at Samuel Mather Hall. Fire department arrived on scene. No smoke. No fire. Maintenance notified. Alarm reset.

Oct. 24, 10:27 p.m. — Alcohol found in residence at McBride Residence Hall. Disposed of.

Oct. 24, 11:30 p.m. — Student residence found with unapproved domestic animal at Acland Apartments.

Oct. 25, 12:19 a.m. — Fire alarm sounded due to burned food at NCAs. No smoke. No fire. Alarm reset.

Oct. 25, 12:31 a.m. — Fire alarm sounded at Old Kenyon Residence Hall. Pull station activated. No smoke. No fire. Alarm reset.

Oct. 25, 2:22 a.m. — Intoxicated student at Caples. Safety responded. No other action required.

Oct. 25, 2:56 a.m. — Student complaint of ear and jaw pain in McBride. Student transported to KCH via squad for further evaluation/treatment.

Oct. 25, 6:32 p.m. — Fire alarm sounded at Peirce Hall. No smoke. No fire. Maintenance called. Alarm reset.

Oct. 26, midnight — Alcohol found in residence in Mather Residence Hall. Disposed of.

Oct. 26, 4:00 p.m. — Alcohol found in residence in Mather. Disposed of.

Oct. 27, 1:11 a.m. — Safety received a call from individual regarding a book thought to have been stolen over 15 years ago.

Oct. 28, 12:27 a.m. — Student complaint of feeling ill after using illegal substance at Hanna Residence Hall. Safety responded.

0 Comments

Comments for this article have closed. If you'd like to send a letter to the editor for publication, please email us at collegian@kenyon.edu.