Section: News

Village Record: Sept. 7 – Sept. 13

Sept. 7, 1:35 a.m. — Student complaint of abdominal pain in Watson Residence Hall. Possible appendicitis. Transported via squad to Knox Community Hospital (KCH) for evaluation/treatment.

Sept. 7, 1:30 p.m. — Student reported multiple instances of board and decorations being damaged in Hanna Residence Hall.

Sept. 8, 1:47 a.m. — Student complaint of pain in jaw and ear area in McBride Residence Hall. Student transported to fire station. Transported to KCH via squad for evaluation/treatment.

Sept. 8, 8:12 a.m. — College employee reported witnessing a vehicle back into another while parking; damage sustained. Student came into Campus Safety to report damage to personal vehicle. Knox County Sheriff’s Office (KCSO) contacted to take report.

Sept. 8, 6:29 p.m. — Student complaint of difficulty breathing on Peirce patio. Transported to fire station for evaluation.

Sept. 8, 11:19 p.m. — Injured student at Campus Safety for assessment. Transported to fire station. Transported via squad to KCH for further evaluation/treatment.

Sept. 9, 12:00 a.m. — Gender-inclusive restroom sign continuously taken down after repetitive resigning in McBride.

Sept. 9, 12:17 a.m. — Golf cart found moved without authorization in Palme Lot. Recovered and put back in original lot.

Sept. 9, 5:19 p.m. — Student fell in Samuel Mather Hall. Safety responded and communicated with nurse practitioner. Student transported to fire station for assessment.

Sept. 9, 11:54 p.m. — Unregistered party shut down in New Apartments.

Sept. 10, 12:53 a.m. — Good Samaritan in Mather. Safety responded.

Sept. 10, 12:00 p.m. — Fire alarm activated due to burnt food in New Apartments. No fire. Smoke cleared. Alarm reset.

Sept. 11, 10:35 p.m. — Students found with alcohol in McBride. Alcohol disposed of.

Sept. 11, 11:20 p.m. — Student cited for open container by KCSO.

Sept. 12, 2:50 a.m. — Injured student in restroom assisted by friends in Gund Residence Hall. Community Advisor witnessed an unopened beer bottle being removed from the pocket of one student by another. Injury bandaged. Alcohol disposed of.

Sept. 12, 11:50 p.m. — Student scraped shin in Old Kenyon Residence Hall. Safety responded, cleaned and dressed wound. Transported student to residence. No other action necessary.

Sept. 13, 12:02 a.m. — Good Samaritan on Old Kenyon patio. Safety responded, transported student to residence.

Sept. 13, 12:21 a.m. — Student resident burning unapproved incense in a North Campus Apartment. Ash of incense thought to have dropped in trash can, causing a small fire to start. Alarm sounded. Extinguished by unknown person(s) before Safety officers arrived. Smoke cleared. Items confiscated. Student(s) informed of College policy against incense. Alarm reset.

Sept. 13, 1:53 a.m. — Fire-pull station activated in Mather. Unidentified student witnessed fleeing area. Safety responded. Alarm reset.

Sept. 13, 10:29 p.m. — Student left belongings unattended for a short time, found unidentified pills on papers in McBride breezeway upon return. Community Advisor and Safety advised. Safety confiscated pills and turned over to KCSO.

0 Comments

Comments for this article have closed. If you'd like to send a letter to the editor for publication, please email us at collegian@kenyon.edu.