Village Council: Monday Feb. 2

The Village will hold public hearings Thursday, Feb. 5 at the Gambier Community Center on its entrance into a gas aggregation program. Electric will be discussed at 4 and 6:30 p.m. and natural gas will be discussed at 4:30 and 7 p.m.

The Village and the College assessed a leak near the North Campus Apartments, and the Village took care of a leak Sunday, Feb. 1 on East Brooklyn St.

Spring Dumpster Day will be Saturday, May 2 and Fall Dumpster Day will be Saturday, Oct. 3 from 8 a.m. to noon.

Stick-it-to-the-Village, in which residents can rid themselves of unwanted branches, will be Mondays, April 13 and 20 depending on weather.

The Village Administrator reported to Council that various repairs to the wastewater treatment plant are underway.

Council approved the 2015 budget.

Council moved the first reading of an ordinance lowering wastewater rates for the coming year by four percent.

Council passed the first reading of an ordinance to increase pay for full-time employees by three percent.

Council approved the second reading of an ordinance to raise the base pay of the wastewater operator by $3 an hour.