Student Council: Sunday, Feb. 15

by Steven Schmidt

Student Council reviewed an initial draft of a proposal that would change the election procedures of students to the Student Conduct Review Board. When finalized, this policy will be included in next year’s student handbook.
The Business and Finance Committee presented its first supplementary budget allocations. Student Council approved all supplementary budget allocations.
The Junior Class Council will begin the Junior Class Auction this week.
The Housing and Dining Committee began preliminary discussions with Chief Business Officer Mark Kohlman about potential changes to the meal plan to create tiered levels. They will begin repainting the Caples elevator this week.
The Student Life Committee did not meet.
The Council for Diversity and Social Justice did not meet last week. The Council currently represents 12 different student groups.

The Buildings and Grounds Committee did not meet. They are beginning “Unsung Heroes” week to show appreciation for school staff and employees.
The Senior Class Council did not meet.
The Sophomore Class Council is beginning a fundraiser to sell T-shirts at the Kenyon Athletic Center.
The Office of the Dean of Students is amending the sexual misconduct policy to be fully compliant with Title IX and has produced a first draft. The office encourages feedback on the first iteration of this policy. The proposal must be approved by the faculty, staff and Campus Senate.