Section: News

Village Record: Jan. 20 – 27

Jan. 20, 12:00 a.m. — Student changed residence in Caples Residence Hall without confirming with the Office of Housing and Residential Life.

Jan. 20, 11:55 p.m. — Student reported temporary graffitti on bathroom wall in Caples.

Jan. 21, 12:30 a.m. — Fire alarm sounded at the Kenyon Inn. No fire. No smoke. Maintenance contacted and alarm reset.

Jan. 21, 9:32 a.m. — Student lost consciousness and fell in the area of the North Campus Apartments (NCAs), hitting head. Injury sustained and student transported to Knox Community Hospital (KCH).

Jan. 22, 12:10 a.m. — Student lost consciousness and fell in the Watson Hall parking lot, hitting head. Squad assessed. No transport.

Jan. 22, 8:40 p.m. — Unknown person damaged visiting exhibit at the Gund Gallery.

Jan. 23, 1:40 a.m. — Student with possible chemical burn to finger in Caples. Safety responded.

Jan. 23, 1:21 p.m. — Fire alarm activated by cooking in NCA. No smoke. No fire. Alarm reset.

Jan. 23, 10:40 p.m. — Unknown person threw food at resident’s door in Norton Residence Hall.

Jan. 24, 11:32 p.m. — Student found to be having unregistered party in the Acland Apartments.

Jan. 24, 12:11 a.m. — Student struck in the face by another while trying to enter a party in the NCAs.

Jan. 24, 12:17 a.m. — Posters, bulletin board, door signs ripped down by unknown person(s) in McBride Residence Hall.

Jan. 24, 12:35 a.m. — Person in brown jacket damaged resident’s academic project in McBride Residence Hall.

Jan. 24, 4:14 a.m. — Student knocking on doors at inappropriate hour at the Kenyon Inn.

Jan. 24, 2:19 a.m. — Fire alarm activated by burnt food in the Aclands. No fire. Alarm reset.

Jan. 24, 4:11 p.m. — Fire alarm activated by fog machine in Bolton Theater. No fire. Alarm cleared.

Jan. 24, 5:58 p.m. — Fire alarm sounded at the Wilson Apartments. No fire. No smoke.

Jan. 24, 11:12 p.m. — Visitor having asthma attack at the Office of Campus Safety. Transported to KCH for treatment.

Jan. 25, 10:32 a.m. — Squad responded to student with severe abdominal pain in McBride. Transported to KCH.

Jan. 25, 4 p.m. — Student reported fire in oven in Manning Residence Hall. Cooking food left unattended by other student(s). Fire extinguished.

Jan. 25, 7:17 p.m. — Student vehicle slid off road. Tow required. No injuries. No damage.

Jan. 26, 10:35 p.m. — Student admitted to using illegal substance in Mather Residence Hall. Substance and paraphernalia confiscated, tested and turned over to Knox County Sheriff’s Office.

Jan. 27, 9:34 a.m. — Fire alarm activated by burnt food at Wiggin Street Coffee. No fire. Alarm reset.

0 Comments

Comments for this article have closed. If you'd like to send a letter to the editor for publication, please email us at collegian@kenyon.edu.