Student Council: Sunday, Oct. 26

By Steven Schmidt

The First-Year Class Committee is preparing for matriculation.

The Sophomore Class Committee raised funds by selling “Kenyon Mom” and  “KenyoDad” shirts.

The Junior Class Committee is planning an event to welcome returning juniors back from abroad.

The Senior Class Committee is planning Senior Soirée and encourages all seniors to vote for a Baccalaureate speaker.

The Housing and Dining Committee reported that the repainting of the Caples Residence Hall elevator has been postponed to next semester.

A late-night food service run by the Office of Housing and Residential Life called “Midnight Munchies” will undergo a trial run this Friday. It will resell food purchased in Mount Vernon and donate the profit to a selected charity.

The Business and Finance Committee (BFC) held a supplemental budgetmeeting. Student Council approved all BFC supplemental budget allocations.

Daniel Semelsberger ’15 has replaced Rachel Black ’15 as the vice president of the Academic Affairs Committee. The committee reports it has  plans to combine the schedule of courses and the course catalog. The committee also discussed making the senior exercise more consistent across departments.

Campus Safety will conduct a lighting walk on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. to see which lights need to be replaced and which areas of campus are poorly lit.

The Student Life Committee approved the following student groups: Kenyon Students Against Gun Violence, Männerchor, Kenyon Art Society and Yoga and Meditation Club. Student Council approved each club. Approval of Sports Management Club was deferred.

The Buildings and Grounds Committee reportedly plans to add an elevator to Gund Commons.

Alumni Leaders of Tomorrow held a senior night at the Village Inn and received 125 pledges from seniors. Pledges will be accepted through the end of the school year.