Student spotlight: featuring Kenyon College’s Class of 2025

The Class of 2025 is big by Kenyon standards, with 513 first years studying on campus and 52 studying in Copenhagen. Meet a few of them below!

Mollie Leist

Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky

Academic interests: economics,

philosophy

Dormitory: Gund Residence Hall

First impression of Kenyon: “It did feel a little bit bigger than I was expecting, but of course that’s because we overenrolled this year. Classes were difficult at first, but I’m starting to get the hang of everything.”

Mollie looks forward to becoming more independent, determining what she’s interested in, playing ultimate frisbee for the first time and learning Japanese.

Lauren King

Hometown: London, England

Academic interests: classics, studio art

Dormitory: Mather Residence Hall

First impression of Kenyon: “I’m surprised by how overwhelming it is, how many people there are. I know it’s a small school, but — I guess because of COVID — I’m not used to being around so many people. ”

Lauren looks forward to making friends her own age after her gap year, and joining the Fiber Arts Collective, Cinearts and the Ballroom Dance Club.

Kyle Boozer

Hometown: Bethesda, Maryland

Academic interests: calculus, psychology

Dormitory: Lewis Residence Hall

First impression of Kenyon: “I like the nature of Kenyon, the community aspect, and the classes are pretty good. So I think it’s maybe better or about the same as what I expected.”

Kyle looks forward to meeting new people, college life and getting involved in areas such as Tabletop Club, ultimate frisbee and Greek life.

Crandall King

Hometown: Concord, North Carolina

Academic interests: classics, history and Spanish

Dormitory: Norton Residence Hall

First impression of Kenyon: “During orientation, they did a really good job of facilitating socializing. It was really easy for us to socialize and have friends by the end of the second day. And I was also surprised by how many people are in our class, even though I knew it was a small school. [1,900] doesn’t seem like a lot, and then you’re waiting in line outside of Peirce and you realize how big it really is.”

Crandall looks forward to getting involved on campus. She’s interested in Community Choir, ECO, the Fiber Arts Collective, a capella, Dance Team, the Ballroom Dance Club, Coalition for Christian Outreach (CCO) and Student Council.