Section: archive

Field hockey bounces back

By Nina Zimmerman

After opening the season 0-2, the Kenyon field hockey team went on to outscore its opponents 11-2 while playing in last weekend’s Frostburg State University Tournament in Maryland. The Ladies first beat Frostburg State 6-1 on Saturday, Sept. 7 and defeated Randolph-Macon College 5-1 the next day.

“This was the most ムteam’ I’ve seen a Kenyon College field hockey team be since I’ve gotten here,” Head Coach Jacque DeMarco said. “We’ve really made great strides.”

Rachel Hall ’15 scored five goals in the two games, including three on Sunday for her first career hat trick, and earned the North Coast Athletic Conference Field Hockey Player of the Week award for this week.

“Rachel did a fantastic job just being at the right place at the right time,” Stephanie Ladman ’14 said. “I think we’re all confident in how we each play individually but also how we play together as a team.”

The Ladies take on conference rivals Earlham College and nationally-ranked No. 11 DePauw University next in Indiana.

“I think they’ll be good games to see where we are in the league,” DeMarco said. “I really have high expectations this year, so I really hope we have as good of a showing as we did this past weekend.”

[starbox id=”NinaZimmerman”]