Ladies improve to 2-0 in NCAC with 9-0 win over Wooster

Ladies tennis dominated the College of Wooster on Wednesday evening, pulling off a complete sweep of the Fighting Scots 9-0. The match, played at home, was the Ladies’ second North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) match of the season. In the team’s other NCAC match, the Ladies also performed a 9-0 sweep against the Allegheny College Gators.

The match began on a good note, when the duo of Annie Reiner ’19 and Mara Kaspers ’20 outplayed their Wooster counterparts in No. 3 doubles 8-0. Shutting out Wooster in the first set of the day seemed to be an appropriate opening. The duo of Diana Aboubakare ’18 and Jenna Murray ’17 also experienced no trouble dispatching their opponents in No. 2 doubles, winning 8-0. The Ladies were finally proven to be fallible in their final doubles match, as Grace Winslow ’18 and Maggie Sweeney ’19 were unable to continue the shutout streak in games, winning 8-3.

The Ladies enjoyed just as much success in singles. In fact, the Ladies played so well that they did not lose a single set during the entire match. Alyssa Moreau ’18 extended the lead to 4-0 with a win in the first singles match, continuing her own personal string of success — Moreau has won eight of her last 10 matches.

Later today, the Ladies will travel to Ada, Ohio to take on the Ohio Northern University Polar Bears in a non-NCAC match. Following that match, the Ladies will conclude their regular season play by hosting Oberlin College at home on Saturday afternoon. The Ladies will also host the 2017 NCAC championship tournament from April 28-30.

Noah Nash

Noah Nash '19, Sports Editor.

Latest posts by Noah Nash (see all)