NCAC recognizes Lords and Ladies with individual awards

Dominguez ’17, Grigull ’18, and Graf ’20 receive North Coast Athletic Conference awards.

Bailey Dominguez ’17 | forward | Basketball

On Tuesday, the NCAC announced Dominguez, a senior forward from Indianapolis, Ind., as a member of the All-NCAC Women’s Basketball Second Team. Dominguez made the All-NCAC First Team last season as a junior, and she was a member of the honorable mention team for the 2014-15 season.

Dominguez averaged 9.7 points per game this season to lead the Ladies in scoring for the second consecutive season. Three-point shooting was a major part of Dominguez’s successful season, as she ranked second in the NCAC with both 57 three-point field goals made and 2.1 three-point field goals a game. With those 57 three-pointers, Dominguez will finish her collegiate career with 182 made three-pointers over her four years of playing, which ranks fifth  in Kenyon history. She scored a season-high 18 points on Nov. 22 against Bethany College (Bethany,  W. VA.)

Dominguez led the Ladies to a 19-8 record and a semifinal appearance in the NCAC postseason tournament. Overall, in her four years in the program, the Ladies went 60-45.

Bennett Grigull ’18 | guard | Basketball

Grigull was announced as a member of the All-NCAC’s Honorable Mention Team on Wednesday for his strong play on the court this season. Grigull, a junior guard from London, England, led the Lords with 12.3 points per game. Overall, Grigull shot 41.5 percent from the floor and 40 percent from three while grabbing 4.8 rebounds a game.

Grigull recorded a career-best performance on Feb. 4 against Ohio Wesleyan University when he scored 24 points, one of the seven times this season he scored 15 or more points. What makes Grigull’s selection to the Honorable Mention Team even more impressive is that Grigull missed six games due to injury and still played well enough to be considered one of the 15 best players in the NCAC.

The Lords went 5-21 this season before losing to Ohio Wesleyan University in the first round of the NCAC tournament on Feb. 21.

Lauren Graf ’20 | second baseman | Softball

After a dominant weekend offensively, Graf was named the NCAC Player of the Week for the first time in her young collegiate career. Graf, a first-year second-baseman from Allen Park, Mich., started all four games this weekend against Rhodes College (Memphis, Tenn.) and Webster University (Webster, Mo.). Graf collected at least two hits in every game, and went 10-17 (.588) overall with a double and four runs batted in. Graf also scored six runs to lead the Ladies.