Slight decrease in rush numbers this semester

The number of students rushing Greek organizations dipped slightly this year, clocking in at 242 students registered to rush. This is down 12 from last year, which saw a recent record of 254 rushees.

Overall, interest in Greek life at Kenyon has been increasing in recent years, according to numbers from tbe Office of Student Engagement. In 2015, 214 students registered for rush, and 226 students registered in 2014; although the Peeps O’Kenyon (PEEPS) left Greek Council in 2014, PEEPS rushees counted toward the 2014 statistic. In 2012, only 160 students rushed Greek organizations. The Collegian could not secure a gender breakdown of this year’s rushees.

Last year also saw an increase in students who submitted bids after rush week, meaning they joined an organization. Submitted bids rose to 176 in 2016, compared to 146 in 2015.

Last night, in keeping with Greek tradition at Kenyon, Greek organizations and societies delivered bids to potential new members. Bids must be accepted by Friday at 4 p.m.

Nathaniel Shahan
Follow me

Nathaniel Shahan

Executive Director

Nathaniel is a senior Political Science major from Tully, New York. He is the former News Editor and has interned with the editorial staff at TheDeal.com, a financial publication based in New York City. Currently he works with the EICs to produce the paper and runs the Collegian's business and digital operations.
Nathaniel Shahan
Follow me

Latest posts by Nathaniel Shahan (see all)