Men’s lax knocked out of conference tournament

Lords lacrosse has fallen out of the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) championship tournament. For the fourth year now, the Lords (11-4; NCAC 6-2)  have made it to the final four in the NCAC championship tournament. Wednesday night the Lords, seeded number three, played Ohio Wesleyan University’s Battling Bishops (OWU), the second seed on OWU’s turf.

Kenyon entered the game with a 11-3 record, and they fought a hard battle against the Bishops (13-3; 7-1), eventually losing 8-4.

Less than a minute into the game, Shevelson blocked a goal by OWU attacken, Max Tennant. The game was fast-paced and violent, both teams slashing one another with their sticks. In the end Kenyon made 14 shots on goal, while OWU made 24. The teams won eight face-offs each, and Shevelson saved 16.

Though Kenyon will not be advancing to play Denison University (14-1; 8-0), the Lords can look forward to next season with returning midfielder Will Swain ’19, whose current stats have him winning around 60 percent of all his face-offs.

Jesseca Kusher

Jesseca Kusher

Jesseca Kusher is a member of the class of 2019 and double major in biology and film. When not in the Kenyon Athletic Center or athletic fields watching a game, Jess spends her time studying in the Science Quad and hiking down at the Brown Family Environmental Center.
Jesseca Kusher

Latest posts by Jesseca Kusher (see all)